Friday, January 15, 2010

I AM GENUINELY...

Excited about the weekend ahead of me.  I don't even care about working today.  I'm actually being productive, as opposed to my usual Friday behavior.  Normally, I work hard for 2 hours and then pout for 6, but not today my friends.  Today, I am all SMILES.  I'm dusting corners, updating my website, ordering out for lunch (delicious Thai), being friendly to customers (and foreigners), and listening to some great tunes.  So what is the reason for my sunny disposition?

Well for one, my car (the totaled one) situation was finally resolved this morning.  I recently got my check from the SHITBAG insurance company 4 months after the incident, but it's better late than never.  I still think I got hosed, but I don't care anymore... At least I got something.  And yesterday morning I said goodbye to the MUSTANG.  It was difficult, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad choked up as the tow truck pulled away.  I was sad because we spent so much time together and I could have gotten way more money for the parts if I took the time to disassemble it.  Anyhow, it was time for a fresh start.  

This morning I got my newest GIRL.  A 1994 INFINITY... Which belonged to my Mom and eventually my Dad.  I had it shipped from Florida a few days ago and it's already in my possession.  She's old, but looking good.  It was the first new car my Mom ever had in her life... so I'm going to treat her right; with kid gloves.  Thanks Pop... For taking care of me as always.  You're the man.

Now, as if things couldn't get any better, my good buddy got a serious hookup for JETS PLAYOFF TICKETS this weekend.  As a result of our good fortune, my best friend Will is flying in from Denver for the game (much to his wife's chagrin I'm sure).  And on top of that, one of my college teammates (also a HUGE JETS FAN) is coming with us.  Even another friend of mine from college is flying in to cheer on the GANG GREEN in San Diego on Sunday.  I can't wait to be grilling some RIBS in the parking lot with some of my favorite people... F'in pumped.

Everything tastes great when you're getting your way.  It's at times like these when I realize I've never had it that bad.  My life isn't so tough... but perhaps I need to make it tougher.  This year I'm going to work harder than I ever have before.  Things are going to fall into place.  I truly believe that.

Now, people have been asking me, "Why do you care so much about a silly football team?"  And, "Aren't you too old to be acting like this?"  First off, the NEW YORK JETS are NOT silly.  Second, I will LOVE the JETS forever.  Deal with it.  

As we all know... I love football.  I played it.  I just love sports.  Maybe American sports are corrupt and the players are overpaid, but I don't give a shit... So are Bankers and CEOs.  Sports have been giving people like me hope for as long as I can remember.  If you know what I'm talking about; you're most certainly a member of the MIDDLE CLASS... so welcome home.  And if you don't... Close your computer, get back into your BENZ and shove your PRADA hand bag up your ASS.

Every weekend for 6 months during football season people can tune in and watch their favorite teams and players living out their dreams competitively on National Television (unless it's a Lions game cause they get blacked out locally).  It's an escape from reality... If just for a little while.  We all need this in some form, trust me.  When you cheer for a team it makes you feel like you are part of something.  And when that team is winning... Something Special.  I couldn't be further from the NY JETS organization or its players, yet I still feel like I'm a part of it.  No matter what happens on Sunday down in San Diego, I will be putting my all into encouraging them... Whether they can hear me or not.  And I'm sure my friends will do the same.  Even if the outcome isn't what we hope for (VICTORY), I am prepared to be doing the same exact thing next season.

So don't knock someone if they love a particular team or sport.  Whether it's football or soccer, fencing or badminton, Ping-Pong or UFC (which I'm not a fan of)... Give them a break.    You don't have to love it, but you should understand.  They probably love fencing as much as you love drawing, going to the theater, writing, playing board games, or masturbating.  And as far as I'm concerned; you're never too old to love any of those things.  To each his or her own.

HUGE game this weekend kids!!! I hope you all tune in on Sunday 4PM Eastern, 1PM Pacific time as I will be in the stadium squeezing a CHARGERS fan into submission by administering the FIGURE FOUR LEGLOCK!!!  Go J-E-T-S!!! JETS! JETS! JETS!  I'm behind you all the way!

***Sidenote: If you're not too busy on Saturday night, cheer your asses off for the Baltimore Ravens as well!***

2 comments:

  1. i dont like UFC either, still like WWE and boxing, lolol,,,i was in SD for the eagles game, smoking the peace pipes with the bolt fans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alfonze50 is Al Bones

    ReplyDelete