Thursday, January 28, 2010

I AM DISAPPOINTED...

in human beings at the moment.  I witnessed an act of the most cowardly proportions a few days ago.  I've since lost many hours of sleep.  I lie there staring at the ceiling in DISGUST.  Aren't there certain laws of humanity that surpass the stronghold of the government?  For example... Ladies first, helping others in need, be nice to your mother, take a shower, don't ski in Jeans, and it's okay to taunt opposing fans, but never, and I mean ever should you put your hands on one of them.

As we all know, I went to INDIANAPOLIS this past weekend to watch the JETS fall short of a Superbowl birth.  My 3 friends and I were having the time of our lives.  Yes, I said it... We were having the times of our lives in INDY.  I know it's hard to believe, being that Indianapolis is located in the Midwest and it's no BIG APPLE, but my friends and I tend to find a good time anywhere.

Saturday night we met at the hotel bar for some food and drinks.  Once we were a little sauced, it was time to grab a cab and hit the town.  Jets fans were everywhere.  A river of green flowed through the streets of Indy like the Chicago on St. Patty's.   JETS chants left and right (most of which I was leading while standing on my barstool).  We were in heaven.

Sunday morning we grabbed a quick Continental breakfast at the hotel.  We followed that normalcy with a few drinks up in our room and then prepped for tailgating.  Since our hotel was in Lucas Oil Stadium's parking lot, we didn't have to go far to find a good pre-game party.  We saw the fans gathering down below, pounded our drinks, made roadies, packed our bags and joined them.

Downstairs... it was ON like CHAKA KHAN.  Beers and Captain Morgan were consuming us.  Jets fans in full uniform acting civilly for a change.  Everyone was happy.  Honestly, we were all just happy to be there.  People you normally wouldn't piss next to in a public restroom were standing shoulder to shoulder with you swaying back and forth singing every New York song you could think of.  Even the player's families and friends joined us.  It was fantastic.

After 2 hours of tomfoolery in the lot we had met numerous JETS and COLTS fans that were cool.  Everything seemed chill.  Then out of nowhere, the COPS started to harass us.  They drove through our tailgate at least 50 times.  They weren't saying anything... Just bleeping that obnoxious sound their PA makes telling you to get of the way without words.  Nobody was doing anything wrong, yet they continuously shot dirty looks our way.  Nobody was yelling at the police.  Nobody was fighting.  Everyone was having a merry old time and it seemed like the police were doing anything they could to prevent it.  My friends and I figured... Screw this... and we went into the stadium.  Later we heard cops tazed some JETS fan back at our tailgate after we left.  And guess what... He didn't do anything wrong either.  If you don't believe me, check out the video on YOUTUBE.  It's complete bullshit.  Those coppers were peasants.

We get to our seats and they are AWESOME.  The stadium itself is beautiful.  Our view was SICK... Well it better have been with what those seats were going for.  So as we're sitting down, like always, we introduce ourselves to fans surrounding us no matter what team they're supporting.  We explain how we get really excited and how we like to stand during the game.  Everyone says, "That's fine, we'll all be standing."  I'm thinking... This is sweet.

Midway through the first quarter the JETS were doing well and we were standing quite often.  The EVENT STAFF approached us and said "sit down".   We sat... laughed it off and were standing moments later.  They returned and told us to stay in our seats or they would have to ask us to leave.  I said, "Look around man, IT'S THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!  Everyone is standing!"  We gave in and sat down, but when the JETS made a good play we were back on our feet.  I hate to break it to these bottom dwellers, but that's what fans do.

Then, it seemed like we (and the 5 other JETS fans in our row.. one of whom was a 7 year old boy) were the only ones standing in our section.  As the JETS started to play really well; we continued to celebrate.  Colts fans started to complain like a bunch of fucking 5 year old girls.  The Event Staff approached us again.  This time I was pissed.  I yelled back at them, "This place is a joke!"  Then some COLTS fan must have taken that comment to heart because he went NUTS.  "Who you calling a joke!?" he said.  "Don't call me a JOKE!" he continued.  I turned and said, "There's a kid here, watch your mouth pal."  Normally I wouldn't care if some fan was cursing at me, but there was a 7 year old boy sitting right next to me.   His father had flown them out from New York.  It was his son's first game, so I didn't want to ruin his experience.

This guy behind the kid's father would not let it go.  My buddy Will and I just brushed him off.  We kept telling him to be quiet.  Relax.  It's just a football game... But this relentless mother fucker would not stop.  My blood was beginning to BOIL and Will noticed.  He grabbed me and said, "Take it easy man, don't do anything... We came all this way, paid all this money, and there's a kid next to us."  I told him he was right and tried to calm down, but this dude would not give it up.  Finally Will told me to focus on the game, so we both turned around and as the guy continued mouthing off, Will turned to face the game and stuck his right hand up and flicked him off.

This asshole lunged three seats down from the row behind us and grabbed Will's finger snapping it in half.  Neither of us were even looking.  I immediately turned to smash this guy in his face, but his friends were already dragging him into the aisle.  Will looks at me and says, "That dude just broke my finger."  Smoke begins to come out of my ears.  I am FUMING.  The Event Staff immediately removed this guy and Will from their seats and took them somewhere to get a statement.  The poor kid sitting next to me was shitting his pants.

Now anyone that knows me, knows I will do anything for the people I love.  That includes lying down in traffic and fighting for the right cause.  And WILL is my guy.  My best friend.  I would kill for him.  I'm the GODFATHER of his son for Christ's sake.  Long story, long, they wanted to kick Will out of the game, not the other guy.  When I heard this, I ran up to the nearest cop and explained the situation.  He knew about it and said, "Your friend had it coming."  Really?  Did he?  This dipshit didn't even see what happened.  And aren't you an officer of the LAW!?  It's called ASSAULT you fucking redneck HONKEY.  I was so pissed, I could've murdered someone.  By Halftime, the staff let both men return to their seats.

Will wanted me to keep my cool so that we could watch the rest of the game.  He didn't want to get kicked out, plus he had a lawsuit brewing in his brain.  

This fucking asshole who broke Will's digit was in his early 40's.  He seemed like a regular guy at the game with his girl and some friends.  I can't believe there was a little kid between us... And he still acted this way?  He should be ashamed of himself.  After the game Will and I went to the Hospital and sure enough, his finger was broken.  The X-ray made me sick.  That's right... Although he broke his finger in the first quarter and the medic told him to get to a hospital immediately, he refused.  He told them he was there to watch a football game.  And he did just that.

Those Security guards, Event Staffers, and Cops who were working the game can go FUCK themselves.  They were pieces of hippopotamus shit.  Totally unprofessional scumbags barely giving their high school diplomas justice... Sad really.  So to all of you visiting fans... Watch out in INDY.  That place is cursed forever.  It's a shame those douchebags had to ruin the entire trip for me because there were nice people there... But now I never want to go back.  And it's a shame the nice people of that town are paying those cop's salaries.  I hope that JETS fan who was tazed sues the fuck out of that moronic police department and I hope the moron who broke my boy's finger dies a SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH.

Yesterday Will emailed me the statement from the stadium security office.  Nothing Will said in HIS statement was on it... Nothing.  It was the other Jerkoff's words.  Can you believe these people.  I can't wait to write a letter to the NFL Commissioner about how poorly the people in INDY follow laws and handle business.  And that piece of shit COLTS FAN FUCKHEAD is going to get off SCOTT FREE?  He's probably at home, sitting on his couch... FEEDING THE DUCKS, thinking to himself, "that punk kid got what he deserved."  Makes me enraged.  But you know what?  That guy will get his.  Whether he gets struck by lightning or he gets thrown in county pound-me-in-the-ass prison for hitting his wife... He'll get his.  If I ever see that guy again, I will break his fucking neck and go to prison for LIFE if I have to.  That's right, I said it.

***Lesson HERE:  You never, and I mean never... Put your hands on another human being unless you absolutely have to.  Going to sporting events and talking shit to one another is okay.  It's tradition... And in the end no matter who wins; we all shake hands.  It's called sportsmanship.  Fan code...  No hard feelings.  It's just a game.  There's no excuse for what that grown man did.  I don't care if WILL was standing in that guy's face, waving his middle finger and telling him to go fuck his mother (which he absolutely did not do).  You DON'T put your hands on other people.  Period.  (If you are defending your family or doing it for survival... you get a pass.)
I just hope we did the right thing by not retaliating.  It made me feel like a pussy.  A grown up one.  I felt as if I let my friend down, but truthfully there was nothing we could do to rectify the situation.  
I've been really upset about the whole thing since my return to LA.  Should we sue him?  Should we go after the stadium for handling it so poorly?  Who knows... That's all up to Will now... It was merely bad luck... some poor judgement... and some alcohol.  A recipe for disaster.  Hey JIM MOORE from INDIANAPOLIS... FUCK YOU... You sad excuse for a man.  You're a pussy.***


No comments:

Post a Comment