Thursday, April 2, 2009

I AM ENVIOUS...

Of people that have the balls to use ONLINE DATING sights.  I really want to know what's going through the soon-to-be online prowler's head.  
When do you come to this decision?  You've been too busy.  You work really hard.  Money is tight.  Money is never ending and you're insecure about your wealth (cry me a fucking river trust fund babies).  You're from Kansas and just moved to New York.  You've heard a few success stories from Jeanne at the office, who told you that her sister's friend Jenny's cousin Tina met her husband BLANE on the WEB.  You're a little overweight.

Doesn't anybody ever get set up anymore?  "Hey Keadly, I have this girl Kay that you have to meet!"  Nobody ever says this to me.  Maybe its because I'm a jerk off.  Probably. Definitely.

Should we have arranged marriages like in third world countries?  Should we get set up like the Royal families do it?  Do they still do that over the pond?  Who knows.

I know a ton of people are meeting others through Myspace and Facebook and whatever the hell else is out there.  Is that safe?  I know people that get laid from that shit all the time.  I must admit, although the idea of it freaks me out, I am still intrigued.  I have only entertained the notion; never actually gone through with it.  Maybe I'm just lucky enough to have friends that know a lot of women, or maybe I'm just as cute as my Momma tells me.  Doubtful.

The truth is, you people are BRAVE.  Meeting someone for the first time that could be an 11 year old Swedish boy or an 80 year old Grandmother from Connecticut sounds exhilarating.  I wish I had the stones to do it.  I would shit my pants.  Literally soil myself... on the way to meet this webophile.  But I guess this happens on a first or old school blind date too.

I'm not knocking the practice of online dating, just curious about it.  Aren't we all?  It's truly understandable when you are a 65 year old widow living in a retirement community, but when you're 25?  30?  Shouldn't you be chasing tail at the beach or at the local dive?  Or if you're from Nebraska, out in the cornfields?  I guess you just meet so many douche bags or flaky ass women out on the town; taking your love life to the web is a smart choice. 
 
One can only go to a bar every so often and meet what you think is a KEEPER.  I know it happens a lot.  You think, this one's THE ONE.  I've done it.  I've seen so many girls fall for it.  You know what I'm talking about... Mind you this usually starts when she's 20 drinks deep...  This cool, hipster, rocker-type dude floats over, bumps into her, chats her up and she is putty in his POMADE filled hands.  She's in love with this joker for 2 hours, before the bar closes, gives him her number (which also freaks me out) and may exchange a few texts with him over the next few weeks, but never sees him again.   He was probably an actor... or ME.

So, do I condone this rigamarole?  I'm not sure yet.  When my Mom and her MAHJONG pals are talking about online dating while smoking Newports, I crack up thinking about my friends that do it...  Online dating, not mahjong.  Will I ever try it?  Negative.  I'm just fine and dandy like Forrest Gump's legs.  In all honesty, nobody cares that you're a little over weight.  Nobody cares that you are too rich or too poor.  Nobody cares where you're from... And if they do...  It doesn't matter whether you met them online, or in line at the Old Country Buffet... FUCK EM.

1 comment:

  1. I challenge you to push your comfort zones and make a profile on one of those Matchermaking.com type sites. Go on ONE date based on a "webconnection" and blog about it. I'd be dying to read it :P

    ReplyDelete